Substation Gateways and RTU's
The SMP Gateway is a single point of access to substation data, helping utilities to streamline the automation process and to provide complete control of their environment. The SMP 16/CP Gateway is the ideal first step in a substation automation project.
- Upgrade legacy RTUs—Preserve your investment. Use the SMP 16 Gateway to connect your existing RTUs to new control centers, using modern control center protocols
- Add new IEDs—Use the SMP 16 Gateway to integrate new digital devices such as protection relays, PLCs or IEDs. Make device data available to both new control centers and existing legacy control centers
- Connect to the WAN—Use the SMP 16 Gateway to integrate both legacy and modern serial devices into the corporate WAN
- Perform remote device maintenance and configuration—Use the SMP 16 Gateway to remotely access any device's maintenance port
- Access non-operational data—Use the SMP 16 Gateway to automatically retrieve fault, event and disturbance recordings. Provide a single point of access for non-operational data