Substation Gateways and RTU's
The SMP I/O is a substation-grade distributed I/O module designed for today’s substations. It supports binary input and binary output cards, operates with AC or DC voltage, and communicates using the DNP3 protocol over serial RS-485, or TCP/IP using fiber or copper Ethernet.
It can be used with the Cybectec SMP Gateway, or as a stand-alone I/O module that connects directly to a DNP3 master station.
- Substation grade. The SMP I/O meets industrial and utility standards for vibration, electrical surges, fast transients, and extreme temperature ranges.
- Designed for growth. The SMP I/O input and output cards can be added in minutes, without removing the unit from the rack.
- Seamless networking. The SMP I/O includes 1 Ethernet and 1 RS-485 port. It uses the industry-standard DNP3 protocol.
- Reduced engineering effort.The SMP I/O saves on cabling, commissioning and configuration time, especially when it is used with the Cybectec SMP Gateway. Its removable connectors speed up hardware changes.
- Accurate data. The SMP I/O’s error detection features ensure data integrity between the data point and the control center. It supports IRIG-B synchronization for precise timestamping.